So I started down a bit of a scary path on Pinterest and Google that led to some things that frightened me. Things called surprising cream cheese truffles and things called cake balls. (I mean, come on, cake is definitely not a guy, right?)
- How to Make Savory Tart Dough for a Rustic Tart / Galette / CrostataOnce you know how to make a savory tart dough (for a galette, crostata, rustic tart), you'll be able to fill it with all your wildest vegetable dreams.
- A Savory Tart Recipe for Spring: Asparagus Ricotta Burrata CrostataEvery culture that has both dairy and vegetables seems to work its way around eventually to the idea of a savory tart. Americans lean about equally on the ...
- Roast Chicken and Potatoes with All the Best ThingsDecember 16, 2017This roast chicken is so savory and satisfying. Add a simple salad and some wine, and you’ve got an easy dinner party for six in one pan. Tip To make this whole meal gluten-free, use a good gluten-free flour blend (such as this one) to make the gravy. Chicken with stars Happy cozy weekend to you. Once upon a time we used to make this juuuust slightly extra-special roast chicken and potatoes ...
- Boeuf Bourguignon: A Recipe to Welcome FallSeptember 8, 2017Boeuf Bourguignon, the classic French beef stew, is the ideal centerpiece for a cozy fall dinner party. It makes a great care package, too.
- Holiday Gift Guide: The Best Cookbooks of 2016November 21, 2016Cookbooks make a great holiday gift. Shop this year's best cookbooks quickly and easily, straight from the post. Done and done! 🙂
- Books in Brief: The Vegetarian Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew DornenburgJanuary 20, 2015Umami Girl's review of The Vegetarian Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. Spoiler alert: you'll reach for this culinary resource ALL the time.