A beautiful, cozy, inviting home isn't just about the way things look, and it definitely isn't about how much things cost. The best spaces affect people from the inside out and encourage them to fully inhabit themselves.
- Krinner Tree Genie: A Life-Changing Christmas Tree StandIn a world full of hard questions, this one has an easy answer. What's the best Christmas tree stand for a live tree? It's the Krinner, baby.
- A Camellia and a Candle: The Easiest of Centerpiece IdeasFrom the Department of Not Everything Has to Be Hard: The easiest, breeziest, most whimsical camellia centerpiece idea for your home or your next event.
- Easy Spring Porch Update: Colorful Plants For the WinGardening doesn’t have to be hard to be awesome. Case in point: these gorgeous, colorful rhododendrons in containers on the porch, creating a big ...
- Books in Brief: The Beautiful Edible Garden by Leslie Bennett and Stefani BittnerUmami Girl's review of The Beautiful Edible Garden, a stunning book by my once-upon-a-time law school colleague Leslie Bennett and Stefani Bittner.
- No-sew Cookie Monster Costume for HalloweenOctober 1, 2019This easy, no-sew DIY Cookie Monster costume makes a cute (and dare I say kinda stylish?) Halloween costume for a slightly older kid or even an adult. And if you've got a glue gun and a dream, it can be yours in about an hour.
- Stovetop Potpourri: An easy, affordable homemade giftDecember 7, 2018Stovetop potpourri is a beautiful, inexpensive, and easy homemade holiday gift that's great for friends, family, teachers, and more. Low-key DIY to the max.
- 5 Easy Guest Bedroom Ideas for the HolidaysDecember 4, 2018Make your overnight guests feel loved and pampered with five super-easy guest bedroom ideas for the holiday season that you can accomplish in minutes.
- Fun Hostess Gift Ideas: Literary Tattoos + Greeting CardsAugust 2, 2017I always try — and often fail spectacularly — to have a little stash of fun gifts on hand to bring for hosts or to wrap up for someone or other at the last minute when the mood strikes. And sometimes, like when we popped into The Bennington Bookshop in Bennington, VT a few weeks ago and sheepishly bought more novelties than books, I choose to keep a few of them for myself. Here are a ...