Update: It’s done! It’s the kitchen…and then some.
You can read all about it here. Or just have yourself a merry little voyeuristic moment, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Inspiration & Expiration in the Kitchen
We’re starting a semi-DIY remodel of the Umami Kitchen. I know what you’re thinking: “Semi-DIY? That’s such an airtight idea that nothing could possibly go wrong.” Yeah, well. You never know.
Inspiration: Pics We Love, Looks We Covet
For a few years I’ve been collecting photos, links and inspiration from anywhere and everywhere. Until now I’ve been hoarding them on my hard drive, because I’m classy like that. Now that this thing is really, probably, I hope, going to happen soon, I thought it would be fun to share. I’ll post lots more as we get rolling, and I’ll keep it separate from the recipes because I realize not everyone gives a Ratatouille what my kitchen looks like. That said, feel free to weigh in—we’d love to know what you think!
2. Ripped this out of a magazine and then, I guess, blacked out. Recognize it? Please let me know.
5. A green kitchen whose source I lost long ago.
6. Desire to Inspire Succeeds with white kitchens from around the web
7. Kitchens and Pantries from Big Ideas for Small Spaces
8. Retro-chic from The Well-Dressed Home
Expiration: Before Pics from the Bitchy Kitchy
1. and what, to their wondering eyes, should appear
2. toy sink. only real.
3. sippy on the floor(s)
4. history underfoot
5. light at dawn