Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick and satisfying red pepper hummus recipe that will please a crowd.
Here’s my party line for the Super Bowl: Food, yes. Football, no. (Commercials? Meh.) The nice thing about this attitude is that it’s portable across cultures. Even where “football” means soccer, I can still use it. I’m psyched that you’re psyched, I’ll thumbs up your team because I don’t care about the other one, and I’ll happily do all the cooking. Just don’t make me pay attention to the game.
You can swap in hot smoked paprika for the sweet to give this hummus recipe some spice.
Talk to me on game day
Actually, trying to make me do anything I didn’t come up with on my own (or erroneously, ridiculously feel like I did) is getting to be a difficult task. Good luck, sistas. Middle-aged and proud. And there we go again with the ironic/not ironic breaking in of middle age. Anyone want to come sit by me during the game and talk quietly about that? Because that I could do.
Football food you can trust
Whether or not we agree about football, whether or not I seem like a traitor more than a Patriot (not bad, right?), I promise you can trust my football food. That’s been true for years.
A flavorful roasted red pepper hummus recipe
Here’s a punchy, totally satisfying, incredibly quick and easy take on hummus that will stand up to a strong beer and sit happily beside a plate of wings. Unlike me, it’s meant to be a crowd pleaser, but your vegetarian and vegan friends will be especially glad to have it.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic (your preference), roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt if chickpeas are unsalted, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with chips, with vegetables, in a sandwich, on a bagel, from a spoon, yadda yadda.