A few weeks ago I said I’d be posting only two recipes a week during January and February. But…it’s Friday, and cocktails exist. So here’s a third one.
This blend of blood orange and grapefruit juices is lightly sweetened with an easy-to-make rosemary and thyme simple syrup. The combination of brisk juices and woodsy herbal flavors make this cocktail just sophisticated enough while still going down easy.
Your favorite vodka is the spirit of choice. This drink tastes great virgin or super-strong, so you’re totally in control of the length of the pour.
I’ll keep it brief today, but first one more thing. Nordstrom is no longer carrying any Ivanka Trump products, and I think that’s cool. So here’s a little celebration of Nordstrom. I picked out a few cute bar accessories to show off. Have a look if you feel like supporting their decision. (They’re affiliate links, just so you know.)
Have a good weekend. Talk to you soon.
- A few sprigs thyme
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of two blood oranges
- Juice of one ruby red grapefruit
- 3 ounces vodka, or as much as you like
- In a small pot, combine the thyme, rosemary, sugar and water. Set over medium-high heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and liquid is just shy of boiling. Remove from heat and set aside for at least 30 minutes. The longer it sits, the stronger the herb flavor will be. Strain the liquid into a little cup or container and discard herbs.
- When ready to serve, fill two medium glasses about 2/3 with ice. Juice the citrus into a liquid measuring cup with a spout and stir in two tablespoons of the herb syrup. Divide between glasses, garnish with herb sprigs and blood orange slices if you like, and serve immediately.