A fabulous blueberry coffee cake recipe that works equally well with fresh or frozen blueberries.
In the crisper this week, the perfect dessert (or breakfast!) for when you’re craving something a little naughtier than a crumble or crisp but still want to be bowled over by berries. Recipe below, and read the full post here on Serious Eats.
The recipe originated to use up too many blueberries during the summer, but it’s just as good with frozen blueberries if you can’t (or simply don’t want to) live without it in the winter.
Talk to you soon.
Blueberry Overload Coffee Cake Recipe with Streusel
This is our absolute favorite coffee cake. While it's originally designed to help process an overabundance of blueberries, it also works great with frozen ones if you can't (or simply would rather not) live without it in the winter.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound blueberries, washed and picked over
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted