As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s a fabulous, easy-breezy chickpea salad that’s bursting with cumin, mustard seed, cilantro, lemony yogurt dressing and more. Best at room temperature, it’s perfect for picnics or a quick lunch or dinner. People love it, and it’s not the same old same old. (Though it’s just as quick and easy.)
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons peanut, safflower or other neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 3/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of half
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil until shimmering.
- Add the mustard seeds, partially cover the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the mustard seeds almost stop popping, about a minute.
- Add the cumin and fennel seeds and cook for another minute.
- Pour the hot oil and spices over the chickpeas.
- Stir in the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, scallions, cilantro and salt. Serve at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 33.1gFiber: 2.3gProtein: 12.9g