As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’ve been VERY into dinner bowls recently. If you actually ate here on a regular basis, you’d see how often I’ve been putting these quick meals, which draw heavily on the freezer and pantry, into the rotation. They’re colorful, nutritious and allow everyone to choose their own adventure from within a set of options you can feel good about. These 10 minute chickpea broccoli bowls with balsamic vinaigrette are our latest variation on this popular theme.
This happy rainbow of complex carbs, plant-based protein and good fats will keep you satisfied for hours.
A gluten-free, vegan bowl for days like these
As the weather cools off a bit, I’m looking forward to cozy weekend gatherings with long-simmering stews and sage-scented meals that roast in Dutch ovens. Those are great days. This meal is for not for those days.
I’d tell you which days it’s for, but I’m confident you already know. Hi! Let’s do this.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 2 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas*, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar sliced Spanish-style olives with pimentos, drained
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave according to package directions. To save time, you can use a bowl large enough to accommodate the broccoli and the corn and add the corn when the correct amount of cooking time remains. Drain vegetables and place in separate bowls.
- While the vegetables cook, combine the shallot, vinegar, oil, mustard and salt in a small jar and shake to emulsify (or whisk together in a small bowl).
- We like to put all the ingredients in separate small serving bowls in the middle of the table, stick a spoon or fork in each, and let everyone assemble their own dinner. You could assemble each person's serving beforehand if it's easier to manage -- just arrange a bit of everything in its own little pile in each bowl.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 24gCarbohydrates: 68.3gFiber: 18.2gProtein: 20.6g