Umami Girl is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Psst...Chicken Doritos Soup, just putting that out there for your consideration. Bye.
Our favorite sources for meat
For years, we’ve been sourcing our meat from Butcher Box. We love this curated meat delivery service, which provides grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, organic chicken, and more from small farms direct to the customer. You can learn more in our extensive Butcher Box review and unboxing.
More recently, we've also become big fans of Cooks Venture for chicken.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes with their juices
- ¼ cup taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups meat from cooked rotisserie-style chicken
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 ounces fresh cilantro, leaves plucked from stems
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a medium pot, add the chicken broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken pieces and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, taco seasoning, or lime juice, as needed.
- Ladle into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado, and crumbled chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 22.8gCarbohydrates: 61.7gFiber: 7.7gProtein: 39.4g