Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Psst...Chicken Doritos Soup, just putting that out there for your consideration. Bye.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups meat from cooked rotisserie-style chicken
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 ounces fresh cilantro, leaves plucked from stems
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a medium pot, add the chicken broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken pieces and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, taco seasoning, or lime juice, as needed.
- Ladle into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado, and crumbled chips.