Easy Picnic Food: Frittata Sandwich
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it’s picnic season (and graduation party season and summer party for no reason season), a good frittata sandwich is an easy, portable way to feed a few or a crowd.
The frittata sandwich
Late spring and summer should be as much about casual entertaining as possible, if you ask us. We like to lean heavily on foods and drinks that can be assembled rather than fussed over. Frittata sandwiches — especially when made from leftover frittata, but even when made from scratch on the day of — are easy and casual as can be but still juuuuust the slightest bit classy. Which is nice.
We love the flexibility of the frittata sandwich. You can basically put it on any kind of roll or crusty bread and add whatever ingredients you like to both the frittata itself and the sandwich. Sometimes freedom like that is a great thing. But if you prefer a detailed recipe, we’ve got that for ya too, right here below.
- 1 12-egg frittata, cooked and cooled. This recipe uses a slightly larger version of our Corn, Cheddar and Spinach Frittata (link in notes)
- 8 good rolls or baguette pieces
- Good butter
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Lettuce or other leafy greens
- Cut each roll in half and butter the halves.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto on each half.
- Top the bottom half with a slice of frittata and some greens.
- Close the sandwiches, wrap in foil or parchment if you're picnicking, and serve at room temperature.