Flying Solo: Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce and a Little Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s a happy little number to launch your day: baked eggs in tomato sauce and a little salad. It’s a great, light breakfast, lunch or dinner for when you’re flying solo but still want to treat yourself like a full-fledged human. And why wouldn’t you?
This diminutive recipe is perfect for the toaster oven but will also work in the oven if you’d rather.
Food for one needs no explanation. That is all.
- 1/2 cup good, thick tomato sauce
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon gated pecorino romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Spoon the tomato sauce into a ramekin with a lid and pop it into the toaster oven (or, fine, oven) while it preheats to 375° F.
- When preheated (or after about 10 minutes), crack the eggs gently into the ramekin. Sprinkle on the grated cheese and some pepper. Bake covered for 10 minutes, then uncovered until the whites are set, about 10 minutes more.
- Place spinach in a bowl and drizzle with balsamic.