I’ve been juicing — green juicing — most mornings for, like, ever. Six months at least. That’s 3 1/2 dog years, and 3 1/2 million blog years. How have I not posted a green juice recipe before now? Who cares. Now I have. It’s my super-healthy but also super-tasty morning ritual, and I highly recommend it. Get the recipe below and read the whole story here on Serious Eats.
Talk to you soon.
Balanced Green Juice Recipe
Green juice should taste as good as it makes you feel. This recipe strikes a pleasing chord with well-balanced sweet, tart, spicy, and hearty flavors.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh cucumber juice from about 1 medium cucumber
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) fresh kale juice from about 4 medium leaves kale
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (2/3 ounce) fresh cilantro juice from about 1 packed cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh apple juice from about 1 large apple, cored and quartered
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh ginger juice from a about 1 1/2-inch piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (5/6 ounce) fresh lime juice from 1 to 2 limes, peeled
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh celery juice from about 3 medium celery stalks
THIRSTY FOR MORE HEALTHY DRINKS? HOW ABOUT THESE?