Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A crispy chicken sandwich made in a flash with my super-flavorful crispy baked chicken tenders and a rad sauce or two. Summer food that’s kid-friendly and secretly craved by the very best adults. Ahem.
We love to use top-split hot dog buns for this recipe, preferably brioche.
Crispy chicken sandwiches are everything
Summertime…and the livin’ is…KID-FRIENDLY. Am I right, parents? Sorry, what was that? I can’t hear you over the rising 4th grader’s constant recording of vlogs for her fake YouTube channel. (Don’t judge. Screen time is everything.)
These crispy chicken sandwiches are kid-friendly, too. Also, though, very very adult-friendly. I’ve HEARD.
The truth is that we’re ridiculously lucky. Our kids are a little older and not a pain in the arse most of the time. They’re good eaters. They keep themselves busy on a semi-regular basis. They do things I can’t, like two back walkovers in a row and being half an inch taller than me and more than half an inch smarter than me.
So. No real complaints. (I’ll get back to you in August, though, maybe.)
- 4 good rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 full-sour pickle, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- A few good grinds black pepper
- One batch Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Shredded Romaine lettuce
- Hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot, to taste
- Split each roll lengthwise, leaving attached at the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, minced pickle, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Spread sauce over inside bun faces.
- Place three warm baked chicken tenders in each roll and top with lettuce and hot sauce.
- Serve right away.