Easy Broccolini Recipe with Gremolata
Whether you serve it at Thanksgiving or hork it down with an egg on top to fuel your civic engagement, this easy broccolini recipe with gremolata will brighten up your plate and with any luck, your outlook too.
For a complete and completely delicious vegan meal, just add some canned white beans.
- 1 pound broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 2 lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a braiser or 12-inch lidded pan, bring 1/2-inch of water to a boil with a good pinch of salt. Add broccolini and cook until tender but crisp and vibrant green, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water if you like to stop cooking and preserve bright color. (You don't have to do this, but it's a cool and reliable trick.) Arrange broccolini on a platter.
- While the broccolini cooks, finely chop the parsley. Using a microplane, grate the garlic and then the zest of both lemons onto the parsley. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt overtop and then mix it all together well.
- Spoon gremolata over broccolini, drizzle with olive oil and the juice from 1/2 a lemon and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.