As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We are big fans of Champagne cocktails around here and have created many of our own, from Mom’s Italian Soda to The Fifteen. The French 75 — an absolute classic — is basically the mother of all sparkling cocktails.
Why we love this recipe
It doesn’t get more classic, nor more drinkable, than the French 75. This classic Champagne cocktail with gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup tastes — for lack of a better term, since there’s really nothing better in the world — like It Girl candy. It will transport you to Paris in five minutes flat, including the time it takes to gather the ingredients. What’s not to love?
French 75 Ingredients
To make this classic cocktail, you will need:
- A good London dry gin (here we’re using Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1:1 simple syrup
- Champagne or another good bubbly wine (here we’re using Chandon Brut)
- A lemon twist to garnish
How to make a French 75
Here’s all you need to do to make this French 75 recipe:
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour in the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake well until very cold and then pour into a Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne, garnish with a lemon twist, and serve.
A fun twist
For a fun, springy twist on the French 75, you might also like our Sour Cherry French 75.
Love bubbly cocktails?
So do I! Try some of our other favorites:
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce 1:1 simple syrup
- 2 ounces Champagne
- 1 lemon twist, to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup, and shake very well.
- Strain gin mixture into a Champagne flute. Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300