As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These crowd-pleasing, easy herbed deviled eggs are a flavorful party starter. Begin with perfect hard-boiled eggs and we’ll take it from there.
A small sprig of whatever fresh herb you’re using makes the perfect, pretty (and tasty) garnish for these two-bite hors d’oeuvres.
A great protein-filled snack or hors d’oeuvre
For the past few weeks, our toddler has been saying “Happy Sunday!” every time we sit down for a meal, regardless of the day. It’s quite nice and also a little awkward. In that spirit, we wish you Happy Easter, or happy middle of Passover, or happy plain old regular Sunday.
If you’re celebrating today and there’s a frightening amount of candy involved, you might consider using the abundant protein in these festive eggs as a Blood Sugar Control Mechanism for all your little people (and possibly yourself), whether or not any of you like to say happy Sunday.
And herbed deviled eggs are a terrific hors d’oeuvre for just about any party, and a great brunch buffet item, too. You might pair them with our Niçoise Deviled Eggs for a little variety.
- 1 dozen peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup total mixed chopped herbs, such as dill, tarragon, basil, chives, chervil and/or cilantro
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks to a medium bowl. Mash yolks well with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, black pepper and cayenne and continue mashing and blending with the fork until yolk mixture is creamy.
- Stir in shallot and herbs. Taste for seasoning — it should be assertively flavored, since egg whites have virtually no taste.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a star tip, a resealable plastic bag with one of the bottom corners snipped off, or a spoon, pipe or spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg halves.
- Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 5.9gCarbohydrates: 0.6gFiber: 0.1gProtein: 3.3g