As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This simple and delicious homemade granola recipe makes a nice big batch and keeps for weeks. Toss a handful on top of some Greek yogurt and call it breakfast.
Try swapping in dried strawberries, chopped up a bit, for the cherries if you like.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/3 cup mild honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the oil and honey to the bowl, and mix gently until all ingredients are coated.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and mix gently to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto two rimmed baking sheets (half-sheet pans) and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown. Watch carefully toward the end, since all ovens are different, and it can go from perfect to burned quickly. (If you have a convection oven, this is a great time to use it. The granola will brown more quickly, so watch carefully after about 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Sprinkle half the cherries over each pan, then cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Granola will keep for weeks stored this way at room temperature.
Adapted from Ina Garten.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 17.5gCarbohydrates: 36.6gFiber: 4.5gProtein: 4.8g