Spicy Skillet-Tossed Pepitas
TipPepitas are just hulled pumpkin seeds. Buy them raw (you can usually get them in the bulk aisle of the supermarket) and store them in the fridge or freezer if you'll have them for more than a couple of weeks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pepitas
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- A big pinch ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the pepitas and toss to coat with the oil.
- Sprinkle on the paprika, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, tossing frequently, until many of the pepitas have turned light brown and made a popping sound.
- Pour into a small bowl and serve as a bar snack.