As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you’re a host or a guest in a hurry, this fresh goat cheese, briefly marinated in a few quality ingredients, is the perfect hors d’oeuvre to tote along. Just add a cute spreading knife and a box of crackers (or some toasted baguette slices, if you’ve got all the time in the world), and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing hors d’oeuvre in just a few minutes.
This quick goat cheese hors d’oeuvre is equally good for a spontaneous cocktail party and at the holidays. It keeps people happy while freeing you up to do other things.
- 1 8-ounce log fresh goat cheese (chèvre)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- A few thyme sprigs
- A large pinch of red pepper flakes
- A large pinch of good-quality flaky sea salt (such as Maldon salt)
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- Place the goat cheese in a small, shallow serving dish (or cut it in half and place it in two dishes).
- Pour the olive oil overtop, and then sprinkle the goat cheese with the thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Leave to rest, covered with tented plastic wrap (use toothpicks to tent) in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour or up to a couple of days.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour before serving as a spread for crackers or toasted slices of baguette.
Adapted from Joy of Cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7.8gCarbohydrates: 0.3gFiber: 0.1gProtein: 5.3g