BLT Deviled Eggs Recipe
We've been on an unabashed deviled egg recipe bender for like a year now. Classic deviled eggs are hard to argue with, but we also really love changing it up a bit from time to time.
Bacon is also hard to argue with, am I right? These BLT deviled eggs combine two classic recipe icons: the Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich and Deviled Eggs. Who could ask for anything more?
Deviled eggs with bacon
Let's be honest: BLT deviled eggs are essentially deviled eggs with bacon and some other, less important things. They're BYY deviled eggs. Bacon Yadda Yadda. Don't get me wrong, we love yadda and yadda. They make this fun, easy deviled egg recipe variation into something extra-special. But. Just sayin. A bacon-first approach is rarely the wrong approach.
Deviled egg recipe basics
Pop over to our classic deviled eggs post to learn everything you could ever want to know about making, storing, and partying with great deviled eggs.
- 10 strips bacon
- 1 dozen peeled perfect hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomato, plus 24 small sun-dried tomato pieces (see note)
- 24 nice leaves flat-leaf parsley
- Cook bacon according to package instructions until crisp. (We love to make bacon in the oven.) Finely crumble or chop two slices. Cut each of the remaining 8 slices into 3 equal pieces.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks to a medium bowl. Mash yolks well with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper and continue mashing and blending with the fork until yolk mixture is creamy. Stir in shallot, minced sun-dried tomato and crumbled bacon.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a plain tip or a star tip, a resealable plastic bag with one of the bottom corners snipped off, or a spoon, pipe or spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg halves.
- To garnish each piece, arrange one cut piece of bacon, one small piece of sun-dried tomato and one parsley leaf in the yolk mixture.
- Deviled eggs can be made up to a day or two in advance of serving and stored, tightly covered, in the fridge, but hold off on garnishing until right before serving.
We especially love the Trader Joe's California Sun-Dried Tomatoes linked in the recommended products. They're tender tangy-sweet and not oily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.