How to Cook Quinoa
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everyone should know how to cook quinoa, and here’s why. You can’t go hungry with a pot of simply cooked quinoa in the fridge. Quinoa is incredibly versatile. Use it in these muffin-tin frittatas, in these spinach, fava bean, and quinoa cakes, Serve it with some chopped vegetables in a salad, warm with tomato sauce, or anything in between.
Quinoa acts like a grain in the culinary world, but it’s actually a seed. It’s both gluten-free and packed with protein.
- 1 cup dry white quinoa
- 2 cups water or stock (I like to use my favorite vegetable stock)
- Good pinch of salt
- Rinse the quinoa very well in a fine mesh sieve under running water.
- Place quinoa in a small pot along with water or stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes more. Stir or fluff with a fork.
- Quinoa is ready to eat as-is or use in a recipe.