Homemade Spiced Sugar Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our homemade spiced sugar recipe, made with a cozy, aromatic blend of warming spices, is versatile in the kitchen. Try sprinkling it into everything from coffee and tea to oatmeal to the butter on your morning English muffin.
It also makes an excellent, easy, and inexpensive homemade gift for the holidays or any time you want to give a little something. Here’s how to make that happen.
Find full instructions for giving herb salt as homemade gifts right here.
- 3 pounds sugar (about 7 cups)
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Pour the sugar into in a large bowl.
- Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise with a small, sharp knife and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the bowl.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg and stir well to distribute all the spices evenly. If there are any clumps, break them up and pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Divide spiced sugar among 12 small jars such as these wide-mouth half pint jars — about 6 heaping tablespoons per jar plus a little extra for good luck.