As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s a five-minute breakfast that boasts an unreasonable happiness-to-effort ratio: avocado toast fried eggs with smoked paprika and salsa. It’s more of a notion than a recipe, though you’re welcome to follow the directions exactly. Piling good things on top of good things is a smart breakfast strategy, as is making a complete hearty meal in about ten minutes. Ten minutes! Why don’t we all do this more often?
This recipe works really well with salsa verde too, in case that’s what you’ve got in a jar in the fridge right now.
You might need avocado toast fried eggs:
- After a hard workout
- After a hard night out
- To tame the too-much-coffee jitters*
- Because it’s grey and chilly*
- Before a big meeting
- Before a big day chilling on the porch
- To fortify you for lawn games
- Because it’s Sunday*
- Because it’s Tuesday
- Because you’re writing about it and keep staring longingly at the photo (I’ve heard)*
(*Indicates current status)
Enjoy your ten minute breakfast. Talk to you soon.
- 1 really good slice of bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 2 sprinkles of salt
- Dab of butter
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Glug of salsa
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Scoop out the avocado half and mix it with the lime juice and a pinch of salt. Schmear it onto the toast.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the eggs as you like, sprinkling with smoked paprika and salt while cooking. Slide the eggs onto the toast.
- Top with the salsa and dig in.
My favorite toast for this meal is the Early Bird Multiseed Bread from Whole Foods, but you know what you like.
Here's an amazon affiliate link to my favorite little frying pan for eggs. It calls itself a one-egg pan, but it fits two large eggs. I'm not a huge fan of single-purpose tools, but I use this little guy all the time, and not just for eggs. Last week used it to toast pine nuts for that scrumptious ramp pesto, for example.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 28gCarbohydrates: 28.3gFiber: 8.3gProtein: 14.2g