Here’s a five-minute breakfast that boasts an unreasonable happiness-to-effort ratio: avocado toast fried eggs with smoked paprika and salsa. It’s more of a notion than a recipe, though you’re welcome to follow the directions exactly. Piling good things on top of good things is a smart breakfast strategy, as is making a complete hearty meal in about five minutes. Five minutes! Why don’t we all do this more often?
You might need this breakfast:
- After a hard workout
- After a hard night out
- To tame the too-much-coffee jitters*
- Because it’s grey and chilly*
- Before a big meeting
- Before a big day chilling on the porch
- To fortify you for lawn games
- Because it’s Sunday*
- Because it’s Tuesday
- Because you’re writing about it and keep staring longingly at the photo (I’ve heard)*
(*Indicates current status)
Speaking of things we should all do more often, I’m sitting here on this grey Sunday looking out at the reflection of some Christmas lights I decided to leave up all year in the home office. I thought I might get tired of them, but so far so good. Festive, cozy June. Why not?
Alright, I have some avocado toast fried eggs to pursue. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you soon.
Avocado Toast Fried Eggs with Smoked Paprika + Salsa
This five-minute breakfast (or dinner!) layers good things on top of good things and is perfectly satisfying.
- 1 really good slice of bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 2 sprinkles of salt
- Dab of butter
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Glug of salsa