As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green smoothies should be perfectly smooth and absolutely delicious, don't you think? Our golden green smoothie recipe is naturally sweet and brims with the fruit flavors of the tropics, making it a great choice for the green smoothie novice (and also fabulous for regulars).
You can get a creamy result from a regular, immersion, or high-speed blender. Without a high-speed blender, you’ll just need to be a little more persistent.
- 1 cup coconut water
- Juice of ½ lime
- Flesh of ½ ripe avocado, diced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup tightly packed, finely chopped lacinato kale pieces (not including stems)
In a Regular Blender
- Place the coconut water, lime juice, avocado, and pineapple into the blender
- Starting on a medium-low setting and increasing the speed as you go, blend until smooth.
- Depending on your blender, you may need to stop occasionally and press the ingredients toward the blades, then resume blending.
- Add the frozen banana slices and kale and continue to blend until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Divide between two tall glasses and serve immediately.
In a High-speed Blender
- Just toss it all in there!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 44.1gFiber: 7.8gProtein: 3.5g