As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s be honest. Sometimes when we say “smoothie,” we mean dessert masquerading as breakfast. Not so for this lean green smoothie, which is packed with nutrients and nutrients only.
Don’t be fooled, though. It’s also delicious. The mango flavor dominates, with the arugula, lemon, and ginger spicing things up just enough to keep it interesting.
This roasting method works for any kind and any size of beet. Pick beets that feel hard in your hand, never soft or squishy. If you have the choice, pick bunches with their big leaves still attached.
- 3 ounces arugula
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 lemon, peeled (remove white pith, too) and seeded
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until perfectly smooth.
- Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 2.3gCarbohydrates: 72.6gFiber: 12.3gProtein: 6.7g