Umami Girl is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more here.
I’m not complaining here, but as I write this post from my home for the week — a lovely little Parisian apartment on Boulevard Voltaire — it feels a tad incongruent to be talking green smoothies. Our recent breakfasts have trended closer to the world’s best pain au chocolat than to anything created in a Vitamix. Still, you all know I love a good green smoothie — and when this little European fantasy ends, I’ll be at the front of the line to buy a new American Vitamix. This tropical paradise green smoothie will be one of the first breakfasts I make. It’s a fantasy in its own right, though less continental and a whole lot more tropical.
New to green smoothies and looking for friendly flavors? You might also like our Gateway Green Smoothie.
Here's how to cut a peach.
- 1 cup coconut water or pineapple juice
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- 1 very ripe peach, pitted (frozen slices are fine)
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 whole lime, peel and pith removed
- Combine coconut water or pineapple juice with spinach, banana, peach, cilantro, and lime in a blender and process until perfectly smooth.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe does not require a high-speed blender. However, if you're using a regular blender, here are a few tips to ensure perfect smoothness. Slice the banana, dice the peach, and roughly chop the cilantro before adding to the blender. You may also need a little extra coconut water or juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 1.9gCarbohydrates: 61.9gFiber: 12.7gProtein: 8.5g