As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like tangy strawberry lemonade and also like feeling great, you'll love this healthy vegan strawberry lemonade smoothie for breakfast or a snack.
Psst...if you're looking for the Tropical Green Juice recipe that used to share space in this post, click here.
If you're not vegan, strawberry Greek yogurt or skyr (of any fat percentage you prefer) works great here too.
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup strawberry soy yogurt or plain soy yogurt
- 1 pitted Medjool date (if using plain soy yogurt, use 4 pitted dates)
- 1 cup cold water
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.
If your blender has a hard time processing dates, chop the dates and soak them in warm water for a few minutes, then drain thoroughly. Next, blend the soaked dates with the recipe's liquids until smooth before adding the rest of the ingredients.
To make this smoothie un-vegan (because, well, you have your reasons, and that's cool), feel free to substitute regular plain or strawberry yogurt for the soy yogurt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 1.5gCarbohydrates: 37.7gFiber: 4.3gProtein: 3.3g