As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Turmeric shots are a delicious, vibrant blend of turmeric, ginger, golden beet, carrot, orange, green apple and lime juices. They’re a nice little natural pick-me-up full of micronutrients. Compared to, say, your average balanced green juice, they’re high in naturally occurring sugars and best served in cute doses of a few ounces, which is all you need anyway.
Fresh turmeric is easier for your body to absorb than ground turmeric, since it contains its own natural oils. Even so, it’s great to include some black pepper in your food throughout the day to aid absorption.
Turmeric shot benefits
Hello from the middle of a loooooog juice cleanse. I’m Januarying so hard it’ll be mid-February before it’s all said and done. More on the details of the cleanse and my tenuous (if high-energy!) grasp on sanity in a later post. But today, here’s a great little recipe for your juicer that you’ll love incorporating into your real-life eating (or hey, your next juice cleanse).
This recipe makes two to three cups of turmeric shots, which you can store in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge for up to three days, especially if you use a masticating juicer like mine. Or freeze in ice cube trays and then transfer to a zip-top bag to store in the freezer for up to a month. You’ll lose a bit of nutrient value this way, but they’ll still be little powerhouses and MUCH better for you than anything or anyONE else orange I can think of.
- 2 pieces turmeric (2 to 3 inches each)
- 1 3-inch piece ginger
- 1 medium golden beet, peeled
- 2 limes, skin and white pith removed
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large juicy orange (such as Cara Cara), skin and white pith removed
- 2 small green apples
- Feed all ingredients through juicer in the order listed. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve if you like. Stir and serve a few ounces at a time. Keeps tightly sealed in the fridge for several days, or freeze in ice cube trays and store tightly sealed in the freezer for up to a month. (You'll lose some nutrients this way, but it's still good stuff.)
I use the Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, a masticating juicer that juices pretty efficiently and preserves nutrients for a longer period than centrifugal juicers. You can make this recipe with any juicer.
Serving Size:Two-ounce shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 0.2gCarbohydrates: 10.9gFiber: 0gProtein: 0.8g