Hello lovelies, just stopping by to catalog a couple of new super-healthy drinks that I posted on Serious Eats recently. Up top is a Vegan Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie, and below is a Tropical Green Juice. I’ll be posting a new juice or smoothie on Serious Eats every month for the rest of 2013. You can follow those links for the full stories and get the recipes below.
See you soon.
Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie Recipe
Whether you're craving the vibe of a lazy summer's day or just a tangy, not-too-sweet smoothie, this slightly creamy take on strawberry lemonade will get you there.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) fresh lemon juice, from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (4 3/4 ounces) strawberry soy yogurt or plain soy yogurt (see note above)
- 1 pitted medjool date (if using plain soy yogurt, use 4 pitted dates)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
Tropical Green Juice Recipe
Sweet, mellow, and oh so tropical-tasting. If you closed your eyes while drinking this juice, you just might be on a beach in Hawaii, where the palm trees are bright green and the juice is not.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh pineapple juice from about 1/3 medium pineapple, peeled
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh spinach juice from about 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh mango juice from about 1 large mango, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice from 1 to 2 limes, peeled
THIRSTY FOR MORE? HOW ABOUT: